As part of the Project Support team of the Project Integration Division (PID) which is responsible for the strategic and large capital investments of Port of bet casino Pelepas (PTP), the Head of Section, Planning and Controls Manager will ensure the schedules and plans for managing the individual projects are continuously updated with the latest information, aligned and agreed with the Project Manager and all relevant stakeholders.
The Head of Section is also responsible for managing the Document Control section, which ensures information and documentation of various projects is maintained, archived and readily available to various stakeholders when needed, internally as well as externally.
Master scheduling and planning
- Drive a holistic approach in planning, communicating and updating the plans for the projects within the division (civil infrastructure, equipment projects or studies).
- Consult and support Project Managers with baseline schedule development, forecast to complete, risks management and opportunities for improvement in an efficient and timely manner.
- He/she develops the master schedules for all PID projects in Microsoft Project that reflect all activities, durations, milestones and interfaces with other divisions, contractor’s/consultant’s schedules and process changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Collaborate with planners from other Divisions such as Operations, Engineering, Facilities and external stakeholders (including regulatory bodies, suppliers) as required to integrate all time, cost and scope to support monitoring of project progress.
- Work closely with Integration Section to ensure financial and contractual aspects of the project reflects the milestone(s) that has been delivered or completed.
- Establish and communicate cost and schedule baseline based on earned value methods. Ensure control mechanisms are in place to monitor performance.
Documentation and reporting
- Ensure all documentation related to the projects and the Division is properly maintained, archived and readily available with appropriate access and backups to its users.
- Drive a systematic approach of projects documentation through a system/software contributing to accessible and up-to-date information from a single source.
- Act as the custodian of PID’s Project Implementation Framework (based on PMBoK) and safeguard the compliance of projects with this framework and adjust the framework as required to the needs of the organization.
- Continually improve competency skills, develop knowledge of innovative practises or techniques to enhance knowledge for reporting staffs within the Section.
- Effectively execute other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Structural or any Engineering related field.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in project or portfolio management/ planning roles within construction, infrastructure or related industry. Experience within the port environment is an asset.
- Well-structured and able to create overview of issues and follow up thoroughly until resolutions are reached.
- Knowledge of Electrical Networks, Building sports betting sites and Infrastructure (Land, Road, Water, Sewerage, etc.) would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently and has directly managed a small team of 2-4 people.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is essential.
- Well versed with MS Project or Primavera.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, able to build strong working relationships and work collaboratively.
- Strong presentation skills and highly organised, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior leaders or executives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Malay.